In a post aimed at low-income people, I presented 11 cars that you can afford even on a net salary of 1000 euros: Which car at 1000 euros net. The comparison shows that for around 200 euros buy a cheap car and finance can. Since my recommendation does not exceed 3 months' salary for a to spend car was relatively cautious, I asked Stephan Kremer, who has been a motorsport blogger since 2009, for his opinion on the subject of How much money to spend on a car asked.
If you want to buy a new car: What costs would you consider to be the absolute pain limit? (as a percentage of the monthly net salary)
What you can learn here
- If you want to buy a new car: What costs would you consider to be the absolute pain limit? (as a percentage of the monthly net salary)
- How much money do you spend on a car?
- Which car would you buy with a net salary of 1,000-1,500 euros, 2,000-2,500 euros net or 300-3,500 euros net?
- Will you finance or lease your next car you buy cash?
- How much money to spend on a car?
Stephan (Racing History): With a new car, my pain threshold is at 30,000 -35,000 euros. That's about 80 percent of my annual income. However, I would not buy a new car, I would rather be on the market for historic vehicles look around. I can get a good youngtimer on the used car market for around 10,000 euros! Certificate and H number are mandatory. This would be interesting for me:
- Mercedes-Benz 190 E Bj. 1988 – 1990 Approx. 8,000 euros
- Golf 2 built in 1988 - max. approx. 5000 euros
- Land Rover year 1986 - max. approx. 16,000 euros
Sascha (account-credit comparison): With costs of around 10,000 euros or just over, Stephan is in the range of the more conservative recommendations of 3 gross monthly salaries for the purchase of a car.
How much money do you spend on a car?
Stephan (Racing History):I don't own a car, but use ShareNow CarSharing in the city. I spend around 100 euros a month on this. fuel, tax, insurance, there are no reserves.
Which car would you buy with a net salary of 1,000-1,500 euros, 2,000-2,500 euros net or 300-3,500 euros net?
Stephan (Racing History): If I had to buy a new car based on income, then the following vehicles would be suitable for me.
- With a salary of 1000 – 1500 euros per month – Dacia Sandero Price 12,890 euros
- Between 2000 - 2500 euros per month would come for me Skoda Fabia 20,450 euros or a Hyundai i20 for 19,900 euros.
- Between 3000 - 3500 euros I would go for one Skoda Kodiaq Diesel price of 35,490 euros
Will you your next car will you cash buy finance or lease?
Stephan (Racing History): The car is basically bought in cash.
How much money to spend on a car?
Thank you Stephen for the interview!
What surprised me was that even a die-hard motorsport enthusiast would not spend more money on a car and would advise older used cars. Because even Stephan would not spend much more than 3 gross monthly salaries for a car. Instead, he has a preference for classic cars built in the late 1980s, such as Land Rover, VW Golf 2 or the E190 from Mercedes-Benz. Stephan's preferences for youngtimers with H license plates are stylish - but they certainly don't appeal to everyone. Appropriate screwdriver skills should also be available. If you don't have any knowledge of mechanics and are looking for a cheap car, you can find it here 11 cheap used cars under 5,000 euros.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?