This article introduces 3 free ways to deposit money with ING for free. There are minimum and maximum amounts of 1,000 euros and 25,000 euros, which can be circumvented relatively easily. As a direct bank, ING benefits from the cost savings of an expensive branch network. She passes this cost advantage directly on to her customers with a free Girokonto and good service. This is also reflected in the fact that ING offers its customers a free cash service through cooperation with Reisebank. Reisebank operates a branch network of around 100 branches in Germany. Most branches are located at train stations. But there are 2 other ways to deposit cash at ING free of charge. You can find more information on depositing cash with ING in the following sections.
What you can learn here
- 1 short version
- 2 ING Bank: where to deposit money?
- 3 Deposit money into an ING account for free using a secondary account – option 3
- 4 Conclusion on depositing money at ING
- As an ING customer, you can deposit cash free of charge via Reisebank AG or ING ATMs
- Reisebank offers you over 100 branches in Germany
- In these branches you can buy amounts between 1.000 € and 25.000 € deposit free
- With a simple trick you can also deposit amounts under 1,000 euros or over 25,000 euros free of charge via the Reisebank
- Simply deposit money with giro card or Iban number (For safety identity card or bring your passport)
- Alternatively, you can also deposit money into your ING account for a fee in savings banks, Volksbank or other banks (keyword: cash transfer).
- Another way to deposit money into your ING account free of charge is to open a second account with the Comdirect
ING Bank: where to deposit money?
Deposit ING money: Reisebank – Option 1
Reisebank offers you a convenient online search for its branches. This gives you the opportunity to find a branch near you quickly and easily. As an ING customer, you can deposit cash there free of charge
Deposit ING money: ING branches – option 2
Cash deposits are also possible at some of ING's own ATMs. ING offers you a convenient online search for their deposit and withdrawal machines. This gives you the opportunity to find a branch near you quickly and easily. ATMs that offer free cash deposits are highlighted in search results.
You can also use the ING ATM locator to find cash deposit machines. All you have to do is tick the appropriate box in the search settings.
Who is ING's partner bank – Reisebank?
|The roots of the Reisebank go back to the Deutsche Verkehrs-Kredit Bank (DVKB), founded in 1923. The aim of this bank was the establishment and management of exchange offices in train stations. The locations have largely been preserved to this day, which explains why the Reisebank can be found at many train stations and now also at airports. Reisebank has been part of the Volksbanken Raiffeisenbanken cooperative financial group since 2004. The 100 branches of Reisebank are mainly located in the large metropolitan areas and in large cities.|
Where is the nearest ING partner branch?
Reisebank is still mainly represented at larger train stations and airports. However, Reisebank branches can also be found in larger inner cities or at exhibition centres. In the Reisebank branches of the Reisebank you can exchange money at the counter 1.000 € and 25.000 € fund your ING account for free. In any case, think of yours giro card or Iban number (For safety identity card or bring your passport). A little further up in the article you will find 2 links to the Reisebank and the next ING machine.
Deposit money at the Reisebank counter
|If you want to deposit money into your ING account via the Reisebank, you are dependent on their opening hours. You can find details on the Reisebank website after you have chosen your location. After presenting your Girocard and identity card, your cash will be accepted by the Reisebank employee, counted and credited to your ING current account.|
ING cash deposit at the travel bank: necessary documents
It is best and easiest if you next to your identity card or passport yours giro card can submit. As a result, the bank has all relevant data immediately available and there are no queries. However, it is also possible to deposit money only by presenting the IBAN.
How much can an ING customer pay into the Reisebank free of charge?
As an ING customer, cash deposits between EUR 1,000 and EUR 25,000 via the Reisebank are free of charge. A maximum of 50 coins are accepted. A deposit of less than 1,000 euros is also possible for a fee.
Trick: Free cash deposit to ING account under 1,000 euros or over 25,000 euros
you want you less than €1,000 deposit into your ING account? No problem. Reisebank charges a fee for this of 1.00 percent of the deposit amount – but at least €5.00. However, you can easily avoid this fee: Withdraw the difference from your current account free of charge beforehand and then pay the minimum amount of EUR 1.00 into your ING account free of charge. If you want to deposit more than 25,000 euros for free, you can make multiple deposits. The number is not limited.
Can I deposit money at an ING ATM?
Yes, this is also possible free of charge. ING operates a few ATMs that offer this function. I have more information further up the page compiled.
Can I also deposit my money at a third-party bank?
This is possible with a cash transfer. You can also use it to deposit money into your ING account free of charge via the Volks- and Raiffeisenbanken or the savings banks. However, there are stately fees of around five to 15 euros per process.
Is it possible to deposit coins into an ING account?
You can deposit up to 50 coins at the Reisebank. Please also note that ING itself does not accept cash by post. ING cannot process this and will send it back to you.
Deposit money into an ING account for free using a secondary account – option 3
Another way to deposit money into your ING account free of charge is to open a second account with the Comdirect. With the Comdirect, three deposits a year at Commerzbank are free of charge. From the fourth payment per year, a fee of 1.90 euros will be charged. The deposit and withdrawal machine in the Commerzbank branch in Quickborn is free of charge.
Conclusion on depositing money at ING
“ING: depositing money simply explained” was the headline of this article. Let us now draw a conclusion. How easy is it actually to deposit cash as an ING customer. In the article I have shown three different ways to deposit cash at ING.
- The first possibility is via one of the 100 nationwide travel banks, which is free with amounts between 1,000 euros and 25,000 euros. The restriction can be circumvented relatively easily by withdrawing money beforehand free of charge for amounts under €1,000 and by making multiple deposits for amounts over €25,000.
- The second way to deposit money at ING for free is via bank machines, which are highlighted separately on the ING Bank location search.
- The third option is this Opening a free checking account as a secondary account with better deposit options. Here be the free checking account of the Comdirect called. With the Comdirect, three deposits a year at Commerzbank are free of charge. From the fourth payment per year, a fee of 1.90 euros will be charged.
Depositing money at ING is therefore possible, although not quite as convenient as with Sparkasse and Co. The strength of the bank lies in the very good cash availability with Girocard and Visacard (both free of charge) and good customer service as well as low overdraft interest. Another advantage of ING is that they lending extremely transparent and favorable conditions. Of course, customers enjoy this all the more when they first get a foot in the door of the bank, for example through the Opening a free checking account.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?