Here you will find all essential information about the Commerzbank P-Konto (Pfändungsschutzkonto). On the "Commerzbank P-Konto" credit balance in the amount of 1330.16 euros is protected from the access of creditors. In order to benefit from the P-Konto protection you have to apply at your Commerzbank branch. P-Konto Conversion request make. This is also valid retroactively for another 4 weeks. You will then immediately receive the basic protection. An increased allowance is possible with a certificate. Reasons for increased P-Konto allowance are maintenance payments or social or asylum benefits for other persons in the household. Also child benefit and some other benefits on the P-Konto entitle for increased protection. The condition for the increased protection is a P-Konto certificate by the account holder at Commerzbank.
If you are wondering which bank to open a P-Konto with due to negative Schufa entries or a bad credit rating, we recommend opening a P-Konto at Commerzbank not. The bank will reject the account opening directly after sighting the Schufa and will probably let you left out in the rain. If you want to open a P-Konto with a bad credit rating, you need a Account without Schufa query. In the article Open a P-Konto – Which bank? – The 6 best P Kontos you will find some recommendations. In addition, with some of these accounts you even save Account management fees. A P-Konto at Commerzbank is by no means free of charge - in contrast to our alternatives. Look at the Best P accounts therefore definitely once on.
The garnishment protection account in key points
What you can learn here
- 1 The garnishment protection account in key points
- 2 Was ist ein P-Konto und welcher Betrag ist auf dem “Commerzbank P-Konto” geschützt?
- 3 How do I open a garnishment protection account?
- 4 What amounts can be protected in the garnishment protection account
- 5 How can I protect other amounts from seizure?
- 6 How can I have the P account converted back to a checking account?
- 7 How do I withdraw money from the P account?
- 8 Posting processes in the P account
- 9 What are the fees for the P account? Does Commerzbank charge extra fees for the P account?
- 10 How do I switch the P account to another bank?
- 11 Negative Schufa! - What now? Do I still get a Commerzbank P-Konto?
- 12 P account too much money on it?
- 13 Commerzbank P-Konto convert back
- 14 How can I contact Commerzbank?
- 15 Garnishment protection accounts at a glance - Alternatives to Commerzbank P-Konto
- 16 The 7 best banks to open a garnishment protection account
- 17 To open the Pfändungsschutzkonto at Commerzbank you need:
- 18 Garnishment paid: when will Commerzbank release the account?
- 19 Conclusion on Commerzbank P-Konto
- checking account on a credit basis with garnishment protection
- Basic protection: € 1,330.16 (from 01.07.2022)
What to do? ⇨ Submit conversion application to Commerzbank
- Increased allowance with certificate for alimony payments, social benefits for other persons in the household or child benefit What to do? ⇨ Pfändungsschutzkonto Submit certificate to Commerzbank
- Individually determined exemption amount with decision/notification for higher income and special cases
What to do? ⇒ Apply with evidence to the enforcement court/enforcement authority
- Giro and basic accounts can be converted into a seizure protection account
- A reverse conversion is possible
- Only one garnishment protection account is permitted per person
Was ist ein P-Konto und welcher Betrag ist auf dem “Commerzbank P-Konto” geschützt?
A P-Konto or Pfändungsschutzkonto an account is the credit balance in the amount of 1,330.16 euros. calendar month of protection. The protection can be extended by providing proof. For example, if you have to pay child support.
In this regard, the P-Konto offers protection against account garnishment in three stages:
- First of all, there is a Basic protection for credit balances of 1,260 euros. You will receive the basic protection directly. All you have to do is convert your account into a P-Konto. But alternatively you can also create a new Open P accountthat has the basic protection directly after opening.
- Extended basic protection on the P-KontoYou can often have the tax-free amount increased further. However, certificates about the number of children living in the house or child benefit are necessary for this. Also, if you receive money for communities in need, this is subject to special protection. However, to increase the tax-free amount and extend the protection, you need a P-Account certificate.
- In addition, an individually determined allowance is possible in cases of particular hardship. However, you must submit an application with evidence to the enforcement court.
However, to convert a Girokonto into a Pfändungsschutzkonto (P-Konto), a P-Konto conversion is often sufficient for the time being. You will receive the appropriate form from your bank.
this means: By classifying the Commerzbank account as P-Konto, the amount of at least 1.330,16 Euro not be called up by creditors.
How do I open a garnishment protection account?
When opening an account, you can open your account directly as Pfändungsschutzkonto. However, it is more advisable to open a normal Girokonto first and then submit a conversion application to Commerzbank. You can get the form from your Commerzbank. The bank is not obliged to open a Pfändungsschutzkonto, but must convert a Girokonto into a Pfändungsschutzkonto free of charge.
What amounts can be protected in the garnishment protection account
the garnishment allowances are adjusted every 2 years. The last adjustment took place on July 1st, 2021. The garnishment allowances remain on the P account and may not be confiscated. But even if the exemption limits are exceeded, the money is not immediately seized. Instead, it first goes into a separate pot of money that balances your income if your earnings should fall again. Learn more about too much money on the P account in the article "What happens with too much money in the P account?"
- The garnishment exemption amount (basic amount) according to the garnishment table for 2021 - 2023 amounts to 1.330,16 Euro.
- Thus, the garnishment allowance was increased by over 70 euros or 6.2% compared to 2021.
Of the Basic amount can without further proof to be protected. If maintenance payments are also made to spouses (including life partners) or children (including stepchildren), these must be proven.
The following garnishment allowances are protected against pledging on your P account
Garnishment table 2022-2023 (valid from July 1, 2022)
The following amounts are protected on Commerzbank P-Konto from 01/07/2022. You can swipe right and left in the table on your mobile to see all the allowances.
|Number of maintenance obligations (e.g. children, spouse)||Garnishment allowance|
|5 and more||2.956,21 €|
How can I protect other amounts from seizure?
In order to have amounts above the basic tax-free allowance protected, certification required by employers, family benefits offices, social service providers, recognized debt and consumer insolvency advice centers or a lawyer.
With a certificate, you can also claim further exemptions. These include, for example, one-off social benefits or increased expenses due to illness.
If the bank does not accept the certificate from the employer, family benefits office, social service provider, recognized debtor and consumer insolvency advice center or a lawyer, the next step is to file an application with the enforcement court.
How can I have the P account converted back to a checking account?
The Federal Court of Justice (BGH) has in its Judgment of February 2015 decided that a P account can be converted back into a normal current account upon application. However, there is no right to immediate conversion. Conversion at the end of the month is permitted.
If your contact person at Commerzbank urges you to completely cancel your account when canceling the additional service garnishment protection, don't let that fool you. Commerzbank is legally obliged to convert a P account back into a regular checking account. Normally, according to the clarifying judgment of the BGH, there should no longer be any such attempts on the part of the bank. However, the bank may no longer grant you an overdraft facility due to your P-account past.
How do I withdraw money from the P account?
Your P account is a regular one Current account with the following restrictions:
- You can't overdraw it (no dispo)
- Commerzbank does not provide you with Credit card available for use with the P-Konto. But you can use a free credit card use supplementary without Schufa.
If you had a credit card and overdraft facility before converting your account to a P-Konto, Commerzbank will likely cancel these benefits.
Posting processes in the P account
In some cases, P accounts are checked manually. For example, the cash register clerk calls the garnishment department and gets the release of the available money over the phone. As a result, credits may not be available to you until later. However, banks must not deliberately disadvantage P account customers. If it takes a little longer, the following helps here: stay cool. Don't stress yourself unnecessarily, the bank will book the money in 1-2 days!
What are the fees for the P account? Does Commerzbank charge extra fees for the P account?
None. Because that is not allowed. The fees for a P account must not be higher than the fees for a regular current account. You have the right to reclaim fees that are higher than the fees for a normal checking account. Likewise, the conversion of your checking account into a P account must be carried out free of charge by the bank.
How do I switch the P account to another bank?
Theoretically, changing the P account is just as possible as with a regular checking account. But beware: If you change banks, this means that you would have to open a P-account at your new bank from the start. Banks are not obliged to do this. They will probably offer you a basic account on worse terms.
Happy is anyone who already has a second checking account at another bank. Then you would first have to close your old P account before you convert your new current account into a P account. According to the legislature, each person may only have one seizure protection account.
Negative Schufa! - What now? Do I still get a Commerzbank P-Konto?
Situation: "I have received a garnishment notice, I am unhappy with my current bank and I cannot get an account with another bank because of negative Schufa. What can I do?"
Answer: In our list of 7 best banks to open a garnishment protection account you will find banks that open banks for people with poor creditworthiness despite negative credit bureau.
P account too much money on it?
What will happen to the protected credit on the garnishment protection account in the next month or the month after next?
Situation: "I work part-time and get about 900 EUR net. I currently have a garnishment in progress and am faced with the question of whether I can take my unused tax-free amount into the next month. Does the bank garnish the money in the following month, since I am then above the tax-free amount?"
Answer: You can take the money from month 1 to month 2. In this case, no garnishment will take place. However, if you take it over from month 2 to month 3, the credit is fully attachable. The "P-Konto paragraph" mentioned above Section 850k (1) of the Code of Civil Procedure regulates the situation. The facts are here described in more detail.
recommendation: In order to be able to sleep peacefully, it is advisable to withdraw the money from the account at the beginning of the month if possible, but at the latest before the end of the month. Even if it is legally permissible to take credit into the following month (month 1 after month 2), I advise against it for security reasons.
Commerzbank P-Konto convert back
If the garnishment has gone through, you can have your Pfändungsschutzkonto converted back to a regular Girokonto upon application to your Commerzbank.
How can I contact Commerzbank?
Contact your branch to have your Commerzbank account converted to a P account. You can find the branch responsible for you here Find. Alternatively, you can also contact the bank's head office in Frankfurt.
60261 Frankfurt am Main
Commerzbank online support:
You can reach the bank via social media channels, via chats (text, audio and video) and by email: email@example.com
069 98 66 09 66
Garnishment protection accounts at a glance - Alternatives to Commerzbank P-Konto
Under the linked articles you will find further useful information about garnishment protection accounts at the following banks. If you now ask the question "Can I open a new account despite seizure?’ is going through your head, the linked article may be able to help you. There you will find step-by-step instructions on how to open one Seizure protection account despite debt. You can open your new account directly as a P account or choose a special account without a Schufa and have it converted into a seizure protection account.
The 7 best banks to open a garnishment protection account
In this table you will find the 7 best banks to open a garnishment protection account. Most banks refuse to open a garnishment protection account directly. Therefore, it is usually necessary to open a regular account first. You can later convert this to a P account. However, you should definitely follow the instructions on this page, otherwise the account conversion may fail. In the worst case, you will then be left without an account. Because (unfortunately!) banks are not obliged to open an account for protection against seizure. The only provider where you can open a seizure protection account directly pay center with the Supreme card.
To open the Pfändungsschutzkonto at Commerzbank you need:
- Seizure protection account application that you receive from your Commerzbank
- identity card.
- seizure notice
- Other documents to increase your allowance, which you are best off completing with a nonprofit debt counselor ("P-Konto Form").
Garnishment paid: when will Commerzbank release the account?
Commerzbank customers who have already had a garnishment on their account report that it took two to three days until the account was free again after the garnishment had been paid. Commerzbank itself indicates a processing time of a few days, but does not specify more precisely.
Conclusion on Commerzbank P-Konto
In order to benefit from the P-Konto protection, you need to apply at your Commerzbank branch. P-Konto Conversion request set. You will then immediately receive the basic protection. In addition, Commerzbank is then legally obliged to open the P-Konto within 4 days. The P-Konto conversion is also valid retroactively for 4 weeks. An increased allowance is possible with certification.
However, a seizure also provides an opportunity to take a closer look at one's finances and to question decisions. This also includes the question of which bank you should open a P-Konto with. We recommend opening a P-Konto with Commerzbank. not. The bank will reject the account opening directly after sighting a negative Schufa and will probably let you left out in the rain. Therefore, if you want to open a P-Konto with a bad credit rating, you will need a Account without Schufa query. In the article Open a P-Konto – Which bank? – The 6 best P Kontos you will find some recommendations. In addition, with some of these accounts you even save Account management fees. A P-Konto at Commerzbank is by no means free of charge - in contrast to our alternatives. Look at the Best P accounts therefore definitely once on.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?